Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hi (2015), Bye (2014)!

It's been ages, and I can't promise that it won't be ages after this either. But I really would like to kick the ol' blog into gear again and what better way than to summarize 2014 and relay my goals for 2015.

2014 was a really grand year. I mean really wonderfully grand. I got engaged, travelled the US for six (!!) weeks and finally got a permanent position at my job (with a raise I did not expect but still can giggle about with glee).

I've managed to keep up exercising and I low-carbed almost all year, though to be honest, there was nothing LCHF about the food I ate all Christmas. I'm meaning to kick it into gear after this weekend. The reason for the delay is that I'm taking C to Esperanto, which was voted the best restaurant in Sweden in 2014, and in 2014 by The White Guide, as a Christmas gift to him...though to be honest it's just as much a gift to myself, isn't it? Haha!

It just feels like onwards and upwards from here! I'm on the train and it's bang on time, I think!

I didn't think I was going to have any goals or resolutions for 2015, but I've come to realize that I do have one big one:

I want to be more concious of my spending. I want to save more money so that I feel like I'm building a proper buffer for the future. My goal for 2015 is to double the amount that I have in my savings account by the end of 2015.

And I believe that is totally doable. I've been doing some excel-calculations (yes, I'm a dork!) based on my income and on monthly spending and so on, and I believe that if I just limit myself a bit more and become more concious of my spending I can still spend money on the frivolities (perfume, vintage clothes, excellent food) that I live for and at the same time be able to save up enough each month to reach my goal. That is if nothing unexpected happens.

Do any of you do excel-sheets to plan your economy? Or do you use a different tool? What's your experience? "Save more money" feels like a pretty boring year goal, but important, I think. What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!